It has been a while since our last mailout and even longer since our last event, and we know many of you are missing that special Luminopolis magic. Sadly there will be no Luminopolis events this year, but we hope to bring you some good news in due course. At the moment the Luminopolis community is still in the fields and enjoying what so far has been a great summer weather wise, although with the sad absence of many smaller festivals priced out by rising policing costs, including Cambridge’s Strawberry Fayre, Glade festival, and Big Green Gathering. We hope they find a way to keep going.
A few of the Luminopolis crew put together a tribute area to the late Fraser Clark at this year’s Buddhafield festival, which featured talks and discussions about the man and his work in pioneering the conscious partying scene which both Buddhafield and Luminopolis are part of. Some other conscious events coming up which we would like to recommend to you include Sunrise OffGrid, Waveform Festival, and the Festival of Life. More on those below.
We were also inspired to see the Democracy Village peace camp appear and manage to stay in Parliament Square over the summer. The camp has now been evicted, but the campaign for real democracy, peace, justice, and environmental protection continues with regular People’s Assemblies every Saturday afternoon in Victoria Tower Gardens, right next to Parliament, from midday. All are welcome so go along and experience consensus decision-making.
With light, love, and fulfilling experiences…
The Luminopolis team.
- Support the Robin Hood Tax on banks to support public services and poverty alleviation… http://robinhoodtax.org.uk/
- If you can, donate to help some of the millions of people affected by flooding in Pakistan… https://www.donate.bt.com/dec_form_pfa.html
- Sign protest letters to protect the world’s rainforests and indigenous communities… http://www.rainforest-rescue.org/protestaktion.php
- Write to your MP to demand that the Chancellor regulate financial speculation on food which is increasing prices… http://www.wdm.org.uk/stop-bankers-betting-food-and-causing-hunger/ask-your-mp-support-regulation-food-speculation
- Sign this letter to the Secretary of State for International Development to demand that climate change alleviation loans to poor countries are made into grants… http://www.wdm.org.uk/climate-debt-campaign/stop-people-being-locked-poverty-climate-loans
SUNRISE OFF GRID: Thur 19-22 August 2010
The Essential Camp For Off-Gridders!
An exploration of Off Grid living, Alternative Energy, Community, Creativity and Consciousness. Feat. workshops, Talks & Live Music
Sunrise Off Grid 19th-22nd August 2010 :: www.sunrise-offgrid.co.uk
WAVEFORM FESTIVAL : 10-12 September 2010
THE UK’S LEADING SUSTAINABLE DANCE MUSIC FESTIVAL
Location – We are pleased to announce the site for Waveform 2010 is Rougham Airfield, Rougham, Suffolk IP30 9ND just off Junction 45 of the A14 near Bury St Edmunds. The site has everything…. very easy access, trees and is on the ancient Lands End to Lowestoft St Michael’s ley line that runs through Bury Abbey to Glastonbury Tor. Directions to the festival are on the Waveform website www.waveformfestival.com.
Ticket Update – We have just 300 advance tickets left at £95 so please do hurry. We will be holding back an additional 100 tickets for the gate priced at £110 for those that cannot buy in advance. You can buy tickets via:
- Access All Areas, Camden Lock, London – Office address/opening times – Buy Online www.accessallareas.org – Tel: +44 (0)20 7267 8320 / +44 (0)20 7267 614
- Bristol Ticket Shop, Union Street, Bristol – Office address/opening times – Buy Online www.bristolticketshop.co.uk – Tel: +44 (0)177 929 9008 / +44 (0)870 44 44 400
If you wish to pay by cheque and avoid a booking fee please email email@example.com, the last day we are able to receive cheques for tickets is 1st September.
FESTIVAL OF LIFE : 25 September 2010, 10am-midnight
Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square, Holborn, London WC1R 4RL.
The Festival of Life is a unique and affordable one-day holistic event in central London, featuring over 40 inspiring and free talks and workshops from world experts, over 60 environmentally-friendly vegan produce stalls, and finishing with an alcohol-free conscious dance party with our friends from Inspiral Lounge.
Come and learn the benefits of raw vegan living foods and superfoods ; self-healing and self-empowerment ; yoga and meditation ; natural parenting and nature cures ; Permaculture and environmental activism ; and be entertained by live music, DJs, poetry, dance and drumming, with a communal trance dance experience. See http://www.festivaloflife.net/ for more details and photos from previous years 🙂
The Festival of Life is a non-profit organisation affiliated to the Permaculture Association